This house used to be in another village and belonged to the mayor there. It is presumed to have been built in the late Meiji era (1868–1912), and its standard Hida form gives it a majestic appearance. We understand why the previous owners fell in love with it and relocated it to the current scenic village. The house is extremely well maintained, so most of the materials are reusable. It is large enough to be converted into a dining bar or other commercial facilities.